Revision as of 19:48, 13 February 2009 by 188.8.131.52
Here are the instructions for compiling Anope for Windows for versions 184.108.40.2061 and below. For information on compiling later versions, see Windows.
- Download the Anope source code tar.gz from our Anope Sourceforge Repository
- If you have Microsoft Visual Studio .NET you can skip this step otherwise, install the following software:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6 or Later (or Visual C++ 2003 Toolkit - no longer available for download)
- Microsoft PlatformSDK [WGA Validation is required]
- MySQL (if you wish to build with MySQL compatibility)
- Unpack Anope Source Code to a location on your hard disk. (We suggest C:\Program Files\Anope)
- Open the Visual Studio Command Prompt (NOT A DOS BOX), and change directory to the location of your extracted Anope Source Code
- At the prompt type cscript /nologo install.vbs (And answer the questions).
- At the prompt type nmake -f makefile.win32
- Locate your anope directory
- Rename the example.conf to services.conf and configure it to your suiting
- Configure your IRCd's config file and /rehash
- Run anope and check for errors on IRC / Log files